Saturday, June 30, 2012

Event Announcement - Guest Hosting EP Series - Fenugreek Leaves and Green Chili


EP Series comes to Palakkad Chamayal!

Friends, I am glad to guest host the EP Series – Herbs n Spices, which was originally started by Julie. I thank Julie for giving me this wonderful opportunity to host this lovely event.



I have chosen my favourites – Fenugreek Leaves and Green chilli.

A little info about the chosen herb and spice

They are known by different names in India like Methi in Hindi, Menthya in Kannada, Vendayam in Tamil, Menthulu in Telugu and Uluva in Malayalam.
Fresh fenugreek leaves are bitter in taste and are recognized as a powerful herb. Add these leaves to any kind of dish like dals, curries, rice or even while making chappathis. You are sure to love its aroma and flavour.
They are known to be very high in iron as well as having significant levels of potassium, fiver and calcium. Few diet experts say that the leaves are nearly healthier than the spinach in providing an excellent dose of vitamin K. They help in stabilizing sugar levels in the body and are a boon to the diabetic. They also help in digestion, curing liver problems, anaemia and as an anti inflammatory.
Green chilli is an integral part of Indian cooking. I don't think even a single day, in an Indian household would go by without the use of green chillies. They are used in almost all Indian savory dishes like curries, dals, breads and appetizers. They are very high in Vitamin A and C.

Now to the rules:

1. The event runs from 1st to 31st July 2012.
2. The theme for this month is "Fenugreek Leaves and Green Chillies". You can use one ingredient in a dish or use both but that ingredient should be one of the main ingredients. It can be anything from a  starter, main dish, snack to dessert. (Recipes which don't follow this rule will not qualify for the event)
3. Only Vegetarian entries will be accepted. 
4. Bloggers and Non bloggers can participate. Please send in your recipes to kaverivenkatesh@gmail.com with the following details-

              Your Name-
              Blog Name-
              Recipe Name-
              Recipe URL-
              Pic of the Dish
5. Recipe must be linked to Julie's announcement page and to my page.
6. Send in any number of entries.You can link in your old entries too (limiting 2 per person), just add the logo and the link under the post (2 archived posts)
7. Usage of logo is appreciated for all entries.

There are 4 awards for the BEST INNOVATIVE RECIPE AWARD, TOP CONTRIBUTOR AWARD,BEST HEALTHY DISH AWARD & PARTICIPATION AWARD.

So, Folks put on your innovative caps and think tight, do right and link in your recipes at the earliest before 31st July,2012.
.
Best Wishes to All !!!!

22 comments:

Faseela said...

Will send in some entries.....Happy hosting

Radhika said...

I shall link my entries once done kaveri. happy hosting.

Deeksha said...

Happy hosting. Will send my entry soon.

Julie said...

Happy Hosting Kaveri..Wish you good luck & Thanx for your interest in hosting the event dear:-)
Erivum Puliyum

Vidhya said...

Love Methi will surely send in my entries.

Cookwell said...

Happy hosting Kaveri. Will send my post soon :).
first time here. happy to follow you.

Supriya's Rasoi said...

Hi Kaveri first time here glad to follow you the event looks interesting. Do visit my space in ur free time.

Recipe world said...

Nice Event Kaveri..I will be glad to participate! Found your space through Julie's blog. Happy following you dear..

Cheers!
Vani

Ongoing Event: Love Lock With Juices & Milkshakes

Sanika N said...

Mailed You my entry just now :)

Nice space you have, happy to follow you.

Do visit my blog when you are free :)

http://delectable-delicious.blogspot.co.uk/

Recipe world said...

Hi Kaveri,

Sent my entry to your mail id..

Thanks for visiting my space :)

Wish you happy hosting!

Cheers!
Vani

Priya Suresh said...

Happy hosting Kaveri.

Eat2live2travel said...

Nice event..would love to participate.
You share a wonderful space, glad to follow you.

Inviting you to mine,
http://anshu-mymomsrecipes.blogspot.in/

Thanks!

Anisha said...

would love to participate... i love methi... :)

Sanoli Ghosh said...

A lovely event. Will surely send my recipes. Very nice space. Glad to be your follower. Happy hosting.......
Inviting you to visit my space at your leisure,
http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Kaveri,

Came across your blog & saw this event happening, luckily I have a dish using methi leaves so have emailed you the same.

Liked your blog so following you now. Do drop by my space & follow if you like it
http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com
Happy hosting!!

Ganga Sreekanth said...

my favourite curry....looks very yummy..

Nivedita Thadani said...

hi Kaveri,
I have sent my new entry to your mail.
all the best..

Kavitha said...

Very nice event with interesting spice....Will link my entries soon....
First time in your space and glad to follow you :)
Do visit my space in your free time...

http://eezy-kitchen.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

nice event and happy hosting...... will send entries soon...following you...do visit our space at leisure.....

anjana said...

Happy hosting dear.will send my entries soon..

Unknown said...

Hi Kaveri, Sent my recipe to your mail...

Cheers and happy hosting

SriNandhini Hari said...

Hi Kaveri, Have sent my entries.... Happy Hosting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...